- Coconut oil or butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk of choice
- 100ml fresh cream
- ½ cup crumbled feta or goats cheese
- 3 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 2 cups chopped portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup
- 1 ½ tsp mixed dried herbs
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees. Coat a pie pan or baking dish with coconut oil or butter.
- Add a little coconut oil or butter to a frying pan under medium heat and cook the mushroom and kale, stirringly occasionally until kale is slightly soft but still crunchy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream, milk, spices and salt and pepper.
- Spread veggies on the bottom of prepared quiche dish and sprinkle on the feta cheese
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and cheese and push under any ingredients not covered by the egg mixture to prevent burning.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 30min or until golden brown around edges.
- Let quiche rest at room temperature for 10-12 minutes, then cut into eight slices and serve.